Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Walk on Second Beach - Part 1

framed seascape at Olympic National Park coastline at Second Beach
A blizzard is raging outside of my cozy studio while I work on photography from our vacation last month. The contrast is startling when I look from my computer screen image of a sunny seashore to the icicles and snow outside of my window.

It was a rare sunny day in Olympic National Park when we walked along Second Beach. The early fall air felt surprisingly warm as the couple walked hand in hand far off into the distance and soaked in the delicious scent of the sea. The crashing surf and the call of sea birds filled the air with a cacophony of thundering noise. But inside I was still. The sea soothing my soul like a fragrant balm as we too walked hand in hand into the distance.

I'll be sharing more photos of this day very soon. Tell me your favorite.



A lone sea bird soars above the surf at Olympic National Park's Second Beach.
A lone sea bird soars above the surf at Olympic National Park's Second Beach.



seascape of the wild beach at Olympic National Park coastline at Second Beach
purchase information for this photo
Beach Walk
The wild Second Beach at Olympic National Park is a wonderful place for a walk. Do you see the couple far in the distance just about to round the point of trees?




crashing waves on rocks at Olympic National Park coastline at Second Beach
The wild surf crashes on the rocky shoreline at Olympic National Park's Second Beach.




Etsy
Buy Handmade
JulieMagersSoulen