Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday Morning Gallery - Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep

You may have seen my recent post on my trip to the top of Mount Evans. That same day, on the way down the mountain, we ran across a small herd of bighorn sheep. Being used to my frequent requests to photograph, my husband dutifully stopped the car. I jumped out and started shooting away when I noticed through the lens that the young ram watching dutifully over his harem was slowly approaching closer and closer looking at me very intently. Images of Disney movie bighorns clashing together with a resounding crash flashed through my head as I respectfully backed around to the far side of the car. He never took his eyes off of me the whole time. You might even think he was proudly posing and showing off his girls. Nahhhh!