Monday, December 7, 2009

A Mountain Home in the Colorado Rockies

A framed photo of a winter wonderland of snowy pines greets me when I walk down my mountain top drive in the Colorado Rocky Mountains.
The cold arctic air continues to dip down into the Colorado Rockies and sprinkle us with snowfall. One thing that is different for me from most people is that I live five miles from a paved road. Much of this dirt road is private and does not get plowed by any government entity. So anyone that lives on this road is responsible for keeping it passable in the winter months. My husband typically plows about a mile and a half of steep treacherous terrain with his sturdy Ford F150 and an attached snowplow. The other three neighbors pitch in for the remainder. That is another thing that is different for us. We really do rely on our neighbors.

Many of you know I live in a remote off-grid home and I thought I would share a bit of my lifestyle with you. There is too much to talk about in one post so I will try to mention just a bit at a time. If any of you have questions, please ask. I may even do a post about your question.




A winter wonderland of snowy pines greets me when I walk down my mountain top drive in the Colorado Rocky Mountains.
Stellers Ridge Snow
A winter wonderland of snowy pines greets me when I walk down my mountain top drive in the Colorado Rocky Mountains.
get purchase information for this photo



This is a textured artistic interpretation of my off-grid home on a snowy winter day.
Snowy Home
This is a textured artistic interpretation of my off-grid home on a snowy winter day.


A framed photo of a textured artistic interpretation of my off-grid home on a snowy winter day.


Etsy
Buy Handmade
JulieMagersSoulen