Sunday, August 15, 2010

Hummingbird Repose

A broad-tailed female hummingbird rests next to a green plant.The other day I was watering plants on our deck and spotted this little hummer girl sitting peacefully and enjoying the day. I was so taken aback by her unusual behavior. Most of our broad-tailed hummingbirds are blatantly feisty, constantly diving and chattering over front row seats at the three feeders that I refill a couple times a day. (We go through over ten pounds of sugar a week!)

I went inside to get my camera, thinking she would surely be gone when I returned. But she was still there, tilting her head and blinking at me. She sat there for several minutes completely unperturbed by my close proximity. Then a big gust of wind blew her right off her perch and she was gone, leaving me to ponder what I had just witnessed.





A broad-tailed female hummingbird rests next to a green plant.
Hummingbird Repose
A larger than life size photo of a female broad-tailed hummingbird with green iridescent wing feathers rests next to a pine in Colorado.
click here for more information on this photo



Etsy
Buy Handmade
JulieMagersSoulen