Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday Favorites - Using Shape and Form in Photography

I love the dynamic movement of these three photographs. Celticcatphotos' old Packard seems to be flying down a Chicago street on a get away. My eye is naturally drawn to the back of the car perpetuating the forward motion. Pleyades' Noctournal Stucco beckons me to go around that corner as my eye follows the curving archway. And Joannas Photography's Galaxies bursts like the Fourth of July, coming right off the page at you!

They are all very different but all are excellently composed using form and shape to accentuate motion. The black and white nature of each encourages the eye to follow the form giving them an even greater impact. These photographers have mastered shape and form!

To purchase any of these wonderful photos simply click on the title of the print.

Celticcatphotos
Classic Packard Automobile 5 x 7 Photograph




Pleyades
Noctournal Stucco - 8x12 Photographic Print




JoannasPhotography

Galaxies- Fine Art Print-8x8



For more Friday Favorites visit:
Allie Art: Photography Benefitting Children
HandiCrafts
Remember that if you start your own Friday Favorite blog to send me your link. I will add it to my post and we can start a "gallery walk" on Fridays!