Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Friday Favorites - Trees

In the Presence of Trees
(Oak)

Tree
I named you once.
Oldest soul I have ever known,
standing sentry over the sunflower
field behind the school, your rings were
innumerable. Tree I named you, but that
name is long forgotten, a secret only the slow
stumble of childhood retains. Adults cannot know
the names of the trees. Not the true names
bestowed by fey children with grass
in their hair.
If they knew
they would
never be able to replace them with subdivisions.

(c) 2008 T. Soulen


Kenna Foster



Clancy's Classics



The Eye




Gary Heller Photography


For more Friday Favorites visit:

Allie Art: Photography Benefitting Children
Handicrafts

Remember that if you start your own Friday Favorite blog to send me your link. I will add it to my post and we can start a "gallery walk" on Fridays!