Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sunday Morning Gallery - Splash!

I am an earth mama with a water spirit heart. I guess that makes me mud! Living in the Colorado Rocky Mountains gives me sustenance for my earth side. Their solid permanence gives me strength. But once in awhile my water spirit thirsts for salty oceans, serene lakes, and rivers wet and wild. I have not had my ocean fix recently but instead have found untamed waters and calm shores right here in Colorado.

The first two photos were taken in Rocky Mountain National Park on a summer hike next to the St. Vrain River. It has been my favorite river in the park since I first discovered it in 1975. And as the surrounding terrain changes from fires and natural selection, the river still rages down the steep mountainside careening over the same rocks. I find timeless energy there.

The last photo is of Horsetooth Reservoir just west of Fort Collins, Colorado. It is about four miles east of my mountain home and I can see it out my windows with the morning sun reflecting golden off its surface or a full moon making it a pool of pale light.