Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tattoo Me by Love

As some of you know I recently got a tattoo and as I promised I am sharing my experience. After talking over my idea and giving Mez Love some photos she worked up a sketch of my idea. We talked about it and fine tuned it until it was just right.

The day of my appointment I was a little giddy and a little nervous. Getting a tattoo has been on my "bucket list" for a long time and I was ready. But since this was my first I wondered how much was this really going to hurt! People had been telling me quite frequently all the stories they had heard about how much it hurts. Well, I can tell you from experience that the anticipation was much worse than the reality. I clenched my teeth waiting for the first sting of the needles and was surprised that it was mostly just irritating.

The first thing Mez does is put on the ink template from her sketch.



Mez Love really does love her work. She starts by doing all the outlines in black ink.



The black ink is done and it really is starting to look like a tattoo.



In spite of everyone telling me what horrible experience this was going to be I had a great time chatting with Mez while she worked.



Time for a break and a peek at the progress.



It's done! I absolutely love it! The pinkness will fade and heal in a couple weeks and I have my specially designed by Mez Love tattoo. Thanks Mez!